Fall for Gingham


 LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

Gingham is most known for its pattern during the 90s grunge era, but did you know it actually originated back in the 18th century? Pretty crazy right? Being a 90s child, I've always loved plaid and it's honestly what I live in during the Fall because of the simplistic and non-overbearing pattern. Every year, the pattern continues to dominate Fall and Winter on the runways and designers continue to modernize this particular pattern. In today's post, I'm going to share with you 3 different looks to modernize this trend with Bellenista.


In collaboration with Bellenista
Skirt by Bellenista
Silk Tank by Michelle Mason
Trench Coat by Michelle Mason
Hat by Brixton




Sometimes, checkered skirts can look really dated, but this one is modernized because of the white asymmetrical panel. Pair it with a simple, silk cami and trench coat to let the skirt stand out. 


The 2nd look is definitely more of a tribute to the 90s. The silk slip trend was really big last year and I think for Fall, a patterned slip like this would be really unique. Leather jackets are optional, but with such a statement piece, anything muted would work.



Top by Bellenista
Skirt by Three Floor
Crossbody by Karl Lagerfield
Shoes by Ruti
Hat by Brixton




This year my Instagram was flooded with all things sleeves related. It seemed like every single blogger, including myself was obsessed over any sleeve detail. I really love this one in particular because of the more casual print and also the cascading sleeves - something a little different than the typical bell sleeve. I kept everything pretty neutral in order to just let the top do all the talking. 



There you go. 3 different ways to style the gingham trend. I'm curious to know which look you liked the most and whether you even like this pattern.
Also, please check out Bellenista. They have the cutest items and the price is well worth it. If you like Storets or even Asos, I'd highly recommend them because they pay a lot of attention to construction detail. None of my items had any loose threads (usually a dead giveaway of a poorly constructed garment) and everything was lined. The packaging is also beautiful. It's seriously like receiving a special gift from someone. Thanks for reading! 




This post was sponsored by Bellenista, but all opinions expressed are of my own.

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. As someone who grew up in the 90s I must admit, the second look, the rebel one, was my absolute favorite as it reminded me of my young teen years. I had no idea gingham went back to the 1800s, but it goes to show that real fashion is durable and something which will come back over and over again. Regarding the sleeves, it's really been a huge thing this year, but personally I love them. Even I had a go at them during a fashion week and was swamped by photographers being the only male doing sleeves, haha.
    Thomas xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,

    I absolutely adore gingham and wear it almost every season. Needless to say, you look so stylish in these pictures! Mostly, I love the first outfit with a cute skirt by Bellenista. You paired it with that black top and hat perfectly! I’m sure gingham trend will never be out of fashion and these looks will never go out of style.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute - loving the 90s vibe. The 90s for me was the end of high school and college so I love that it's come back. Loving all the gingham - and yes, statement sleeves have been flooding my Insta for ages now it seems. Thanks for the tip about checking out Bellenista - such cute stuff for great prices!
    XO
    http://www.lehoarder.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am absolutely into the 90's vibe. Gingham looks always chic and add a fun touch to every outfit. It has become super popular during the season. The best thing about it is that for me, it is so versatile and you can wear it all year long.The blogger look is mi favorite, totally edgy and chic ta the same time. I will definitely check Bellenista, looks like they have such a cool options to look stylish.
    Have a nice day!

    Vanessa

    http://thefashionstatement.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Gingham prints too! Obsessed with all three ways you styled it. I think this print is perfect for any season, which makes me love it even more!
    My favorite is the 'blogger' look! These sleeves are seriously the cutest thing ever! Love your style babe!
    XO
    Aimara
    www.waysofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing this interesting facts about the Gingham print. I love the three styles and you look really fabulous in each of them. My favorite is the rebel and blogger. Great styling, beauty. xx. Gina

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so in love with the gingham trend!


    ephemeralfox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I seriously love the gingham trend. Loving all the pieces you selected as well. It's crazy how much the 90s still has an influence

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Darling,
    Hows you?
    Love the 90s vibe and to be honest Gingham print is my favorite now:) Loved all the Look, but that last Top is sooo Adorable:) My Favorite:)
    Love Open Kloset By Karina
    Happy Week

    ReplyDelete
  10. The second rebel look was definitely my favorite I love slip dresses and I love how you layered it and the pattern really makes it stand out.I haven't worn much Gingham print but maybe I should!
    I love how you showed us different looks and takes on this really hot trend.
    Xo
    Natalia k

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blame on me, that I didn't get more of gingham items this summer. I hope to see more of it during Fashion Week season. I love how you styled it, dear! My favorite look is first and second!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to admit that my favorite look is definitely "the blogger". I love the fun sleeve trend, and the Gingham pattern really accents the dimension of the shirt. Also, the geometric skirt really complements the shape of the top. Your trench coat in the "City Girl" look is absolutely adorable, and so perfect for fall.

    ~xo Sheree
    PoshClassyMom.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. First, I love Storets so I'm definitely going to check out Bellenista! I'm a 90's kid too so it's very nostalgic to me as well BUT I have to say that I have a hard time with finding Gingham patterns that don't look dated or too country! You did a wonderful job finding very modern pieces and I absolutely love all three! I adore the white panel in the first skirt and the dress is so cute! I love layering with a leather jacket! I've been buskin to wear mine again! The last top is just amazing and those sleeves!

    Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am totally obsessed with gingham too- it's so perfect for Fall! I had no idea that it originated in the 18th Century, I thought it was waaaay more modern than that. That second dress with the different sized gingham prints looks incredible on you and you are rocking the gorgeous 90s vibes.

    Rachel xx
    http://www.thedailyluxe.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have really started to love Gingham again. When I was younger, I was a little obsessed with pastel ginghams... Ha, ha. But the darker colour and different sized print are so current. My favourite look is the last one - I love the casual cool styling here. The Largerfield bag is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing. J. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. My gingham pieces are so boring compared to yours, omg! It's one of those prints that is so simple to style and match with other things. I particularly love that off the shoulder number you're wearing. Great choice to wear it with a hat and skort!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love gingham babe!!! Love the 3 ways you style this beautiful trend and all of them look great on you. My favourite is the gingham dress and how you style it with the t-shirt very cool! Would love to get a dress like this but have not found one yet. Thanks for sharing your great style.

    xoxo
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is an interesting read and a very beautiful outfit. We are looking for bloggers to join our site! If interested please visit our site and send us an email! www.pescimoda.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing as it is an excellent post would love to read your future post.

    buy optical frames online

    ReplyDelete
  20. Been very fan of gingham style, especially paired with straw bag and hat. Anyway, i love the way you style it. You made me love that new trend even more. :)

    xoxo,
    Katrina Isha

    ReplyDelete




  21. In fact, for the past 50 years,Fake Rolex Watches it has been the only wristwatch chronograph in continuous production. Rolex Watches is a very special design that captures your passion for beautiful chorological masterpieces and turns it into a timeless obsession.The distinctive black dial features a date window and three hour markers that turn the Rolex Watche into an analog computer. Of course, not everyone knows here is a lot of the Hermes handbags in the store .The Hermes Handbags suede is real and feels great and the colour is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images