Dance Maybe?


I’m so excited to share with you another collaboration with Maybelline. I wanted to create a more unique art piece rather than to just do a full makeup tutorial.  (There are enough YouTube videos out there.) With so many shades, I didn't know how to incorporate them all into a more unique photoshoot and as I was looking through my old sketchbooks, I saw a few stick figure drawings and decided to sketch ballet movements. After all, ballet is the definition of elegance.  
Most of the colors are very subtle. If you loved the Urban Decay Naked Palette, you’d love the Color Sensation collection. Most of the colors are very wearable and perfect for the summer. The darker hues are also great for Fall.
From the lipsticks, shades “Born With It” and “Warm Me Up” are my favorite. They’re more creamy and provide a hint of rosy warmth to your lips. “Toasted Truffle” and “Rich Ruby” are both matte shades and are more suitable for warmer skin tones (like me).





Sometimes I prefer wearing just a little bit of lipliner with some chapstick because they tend to last longer than regular lipstick. All the nude shades are absolutely stunning. I can see myself wearing shades 125, 130 and 135 all throughout Spring and Summer since these are the colors I normally gravitate towards anyway. (Because the texture is so creamy, it will break off if you press too hard so be gentle!)

I’ve never worn blue lipstick before, but I’ve been seeing it all over Instagram and wanted to give it a try. I don’t think I would ever wear this out since it’s a little too much for me, but it was fun creating it. I almost wanted to replicate those beautiful viral crystal lips, but I had a very hard time just lining my lips in the first place.

Here I’m wearing “Midnight Blue,” but I used the lipliner “Plum Passion” and “Rich” to ombre line my lips first. Then I used a gold eye shadow to dab onto the center to create more depth. What do you guys think?

I call this, Ursula. 

So out of all these shades, which one would you most likely wear and would like to try? I'd love to know in the comments below. 

This post is sponsored by Maybelline. All opinions expressed are my own.

You Might Also Like

22 comments

  1. What a beautiful and creative way to show us all of these amazing shades from Maybelline.
    I'm loving the Rich Ruby and Berry Bossy! Definitely looking out for this new palette.
    Thanks for sharing girl!
    XO
    Aimara
    www.waysofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously I am floored by your creativity! I can't believe how talented you are to draw these ballerinas! I have always been a fan of Maybelline products and their lipsticks are all so pretty. I am partial to nudes since I don't wear much color at all and definitely want to try Nude Whisper and Totally Toffee. I love the blue lipstick on you and the gold shadow you used on top is ingenious! You definitely have a lifetime of lipsticks to experiment with! xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just can't believe how fun and creative this collaboration is!! You are so talented in your sketches and def made the lipsticks and lip pencil into an art form. I'm def a red and coral color person and could def see myself wearing some of the colors. I love what you did replicating the crystal lips, it is so theatrical and I can see one characters from Tim Burton's movie wearing this for sure!

    ~ xo Sheree
    Posh Classy Mom
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheree, you're the absolute sweetest!

      Delete
  4. Girl you are so talented with your drawing!!! Love them! so cute!! i wish I can be as creative as you! Love those lip colours. They are all so gorgeous!

    xx, Jessie
    http://4evajessie.com/self-reflecting-journey-in-iceland/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those ballerinas are so cute and amazing! So creative, and such a gorgeous way to show off the product you're talking about! I love it!

    Joanne | https://fung-shui.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These pictures are absolutely beautiful. you are so creative and talented Maggie. Your ballerinas sketches look so amazing, I could look at them all day. I always admire creative work, because I am not creative at all. The colours look beautiful too and are perfect for daily use as they are subtle. My favourite coloured lipstick has to be Rich Ruby, it looks gorgeous. And for the lip liners I love Pink Coral and Wild Violet. I loved the ombre look you created, I couldn't wear Blue alone myself, but you made it so wearable :). You've totally inspired me to become more experimental with my lip colours.

    xxx
    Sarah
    http://sarahatiq.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketches are so good! A very pretty way to showcase the Maybeline line. Looks like theres a hue for everyone in this collection. I'm also a big fan of your "ursula" look :) So fun and edgy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Beautiful,
    You are sooo creative, Loved how you showed the Shades from Maybelline:)
    I love more Natural Shades and I never wore Blue Lipstick as well or Black... to be hones I don't like very Dark shades on my Lip:) I loved the 105 130 and 135 one for Spring I think the best for me:)

    Love Kisses
    Open Kloset By Karina
    Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you did this! I was so intrigued by the title and it's so unique to describing shades of lipsticks! The blue lipstick looks AMAZING on you. I can see you wearing that on a romantic night out where you want to be a little bold. It's definitely inspired me to wear more bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lovely! I'm partial to the burgundy color palette, but I really do love them all! They seem so smooth to put on. xo, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these shades are so subtle and so beautiful. And I really like the idea of creating the sketches instead of doing boring makeup videos! It's brilliant! Nude Whisper, Dusty Rose and Palest Pink are my favourite colours, I'd wear them daily! Thanks for such a great review, I'll definitely check out these beautiful shades!

    Cheers, Eliza | www.fashion-confession.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How many stunning colors liked all but for me I prefer the URBAN DECAY naked palette 🎨
    Xx
    Eva
    www.themermaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was an absolute wonderful and creative way to show the gorgeousness of these shades! These are many of my favorites! I've never tried toasted truffle before though and with a name like that, how could I not?! I did ballet my entire life until I had a back injury so the way you showcased these hues was particularly amazing to me! I adore the blue and the gold! I've never done a blue but have been curious as well! You totally inspired me to give it a try!

    Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love all the different hues you're showing here and despite having doubts of it being too bold, I think you should definitely reconsider your thoughts regarding the blue lipstick as that would be an amazing look and would add that extra flare to basically any look of your choice! Thanks for not doing the regular makeup tutorial as we've all seen those like a million times, haha.
    xoxo
    Thomas

    http://thomasfalkenstedt.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My favorite is the dusty rose! I love how you made an effort to put the name one by one! That helps a lot upon checking the colors. I need to get my hands on these products.

    xxx
    www.thenewgirl.me

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am absolutely loving shade #105 Nude Whisper!! I never actually wear lipliners, but for that shade, I might just have to start :) Also, I am so blown away by your creativity! Ballet truly is the epitome of grace and elegance, and I love how you used the various shades to create such beautiful drawings, not to mention that stunning lipstick look you created! I hope you share more of your artwork as they are so beautiful. And I'll be running to my nearest drugstore to look for some of these shades. Thank you for such an informative and beautiful review!

    xo Soo | www.BrownEyedToast.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Your "ursula" lip is so cool! And the drawings are stunning, of course! I love the pink coral. I love a pop of pink lip for summer!

    https://bybreannamarie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. This ballerina artwork with lipsticks is a unique, and beautiful idea! My favourite shades are Warm Me Up and Magnetic Mauve xx

    https://www.bunnybernice.com/single-post/2017/05/20/Honest-Review-of-Romwe-Everything-Wrong-1

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was trying to cutback on the online shopping but some of these deals are too hard to pass up!
    http://www.shoptopuk.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images