The Perfect Spring


Spring has always been one of my favorite seasons mainly because of the pastel color palette that is in full bloom. Not to mention, Spring is always a season of new beginnings. There are many exciting projects that I'm working on (that's not blog related) and it's been such a fun journey. More updates to come. 

On another note, I wanted to share a little bit about my updated makeup routine. It's always been quite simple and Clarins just made things even easier.



Here's a short review of each product:

1. Instant Light Brush-On Perfector - A light weight concealer that tightens and smooths skin. It's similar to the Dior Snow concealer where it doesn't provide full coverage, but is enough to still let your natural skin peek through.

2. Supra Volume Mascara - This is comparable to the Lancome Hypnose mascara. It separates my lashes really well without any clumping. I will say that it's not the biggest volumizing mascara, but honestly, I really hate it when my lashes look overly plump. It just looks too fake.

3. Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector - This is the prettiest lip gloss ever! It has a natural pink color and it doesn't give you that yucky sticky feeling.

4. Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch - This is similar to the urban decay primer, but there's a lot more product here and well worth your money.

5. 4-Colour All-in-One Pen - I don't know why this wasn't invented sooner, but I'll have to say that this is by far my favorite product. It's super easy to use and it's perfect for traveling. If you want to transition your daytime look into evening, this would also be your go-to pen to carry in your purse.

6. Face Contouring Palette - I used to be obsessed with the Nars' Orgasm blush, but the blush in this palette is much more natural looking. It's very pigmented. (I only swiped once and my checks were flushed.) I don't contour so I don't have much of a review here, but the highlighter shade is also very subtle and pretty.


My makeup routine is generally pretty simple. I always use a brown eyeliner (in this case the new 4-Colour All-in One Pen) to line my top and lower lash line. Then I use a brown eye shadow to smoke it out. I find that this method makes my eye makeup last a whole 12 hours. I then, finish with a liquid eyeliner. If I'm attending an event, I'll wear my Armani silk foundation. In most occasions, I either go with bb cream or just concealer. I barely ever wear blush to be honest, but my makeup artist friend always says that it adds life to your face so if I remember, I'll apply it. Mascara is always optional for me. For a more casual day, my makeup will take less than 3 minutes. For photoshoots and more formal occasions, my makeup will take 15-20 minutes.



Storets Pink Mermaid Trench (Similar here)
Banana Republic Shirt
James Jeans Ripped Denim
Bow Flats from Hong Kong


So what is your makeup routine? How long do you normally take to get ready? Leave a comment in the section below. I'd love to hear from you. Thank you for reading!


This post is sponsored by Clarins, but all views expressed are of my own.

You Might Also Like

36 comments

  1. Spring is also my favourite season. And I'm so longing for spring/summer. But still have to be patient. I love the beautiful product you've shown in this article.
    Charissa http://www.ladygoldapple.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried a serum from Clarins, but I'ld love to try some of the other skincare and beauty products! I am in love with your pink trench coat too<3
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a simple makeup routine! I wear makeup once a week (if that) and when I do, it takes around 10-15 minutes since I keep it simple most of the time I do wear makeup. Your makeup is flawless! I wear my spring colors all year actually. After all, who's going to stop me? LOL ;)

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. spring is one of my favorite seasons too, because it blooms, it smells and time for pretty dusters! Love your blush duster!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Sweetie:)
    Hows you?
    I always use Simple Make Up too, Loved the shades of yours, very Natural and Spring:)
    The Coat is so Beautiful, the Color is my Fav, need very soon one:)
    Love Kisses Open Kloset By Karina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving this outfit and the makeup routine! xx, Gina

    www.artsyrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving your makeup routine, so simple and chic! That blusher caught my eye :)
    Btw, Im in love with this trench coat <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a similar pink trench, I love it! Perfect for Spring, I agree. Oh that palette looks really good. I use the Nars one too, but it can be a little intense. Sounds like a great alternative.

    xx Jenelle
    www.inspiringwit.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there my dear! I just want to ask if we can follow each other on GFC?

    Please leave a comment on our blog!

    http://kstylick.blogspot.com

    You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram.

    https://www.facebook.com/Kstylick
    https://instagram.com/kstylick/

    we will follow you back! XOXO

    Korean Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Maggie!!My make up routine:using foundation, brown liner,
    Eye pencil, contour, blush and highlighter and a little natural lipgloss.
    Beautiful trench 💕
    Sending love from Italy
    Eva
    www.themermaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow your reviews are really awesome! I've heard of Clarins and have been wanting to try it. Thank you for sharing such an honest review. And that blush coat is to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just like you I'm a huge fan of pastels and although it's not spring over here yet, I'm wearing them to the max! :) Clarins seems to be the perfect option for a quick fix makeup! My routines are a tad more simple as I'm a guy (yay, I get to use the guy card), but I do wear makeup on occasion, especially for a photo shoot and I do know my primers and concealers quite well. :)
    xoxo
    Thomas

    http://thomasfalkenstedt.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your natural and pretty makeup! I can't wait for spring too and that lovely pink palette is so perfect to ring in the season. It looks so easy to apply too. I'm all for shaving a few minutes off my morning for getting ready!

    xo, Jo
    www.cutandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been hearing so much about these Clarins products and I love that they make your makeup routine faster. The all in one pen sounds incredible and the contouring palette is so pretty. I definitely want to try that mascara as well. I typically take about 15 minutes to apply makeup as well - I am like you, very minimal in my routine. I want to check these products out though so thank you for the review. xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks great! Beautiful coat!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the make up and this look is so stylish and pretty! Great post, thanks for sharing :)

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look gorgeous babe! Need that pink trench in my life!
    Excited for you and your new projects! :) Spring is one of my favorite seasons too :)
    And about the make up routine, we basically have the same one lol except that I do use blush all the time! Takes me less than 5 minutes.
    Need to check out that 4 in 1 Clarins Pen!! Thanks for sharing.
    Have an awesome weekend!
    XO
    Aimara
    www.waysofstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for sharing your honest review. I never tried any of this products, but I will definitely check it out. I don't use a lot of make up too, but I can't leave the house without a lipstick for 100%

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful photos! What's the benefit to using a makeup primer and when do you use it: after/before sunscreen/moisturizer?

    https://bybreannamarie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. This coat is so pretty! Love your photo's

    x Merel
    www.andathousandwords.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Spring and summer are definitely my favorite seasons. I absolutely love this gorgeous duster on you and the makeup is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am obsessing over your bow flats. I need them now! Also that blush trench is beautiful and you look flawless with the clarins makeup. xo shalini www.styledevotee.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Totally agree with you, girl!!! All these pastel colours, the air, the flowers. What can be better than that? I love this trench coat on you, the colour of it is just stunning!!! And all the products you've picked up, are great! I should definitely re-think my current makeup and add more nudes to my look.


    Cheers, Eliza | www.fashion-confession.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. Always saw the Clarins counter at the mall but never took the chance to try them out! It definitely does sound promising. Now I'll really have to try some out next time. Btw, really love your pink coat and bow flats, they are sooo cute! :)

    xo, Chloe // http://funinthecloset.com/joiful-launch-event/

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your makeup always looks so natural and flawless girl. :) Spring is also my favorite season as well cause of all the pretty pastel colors. The blush coat is soo pretty and definitely something I would wear.

    www.atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your makeup looks so natural and beautiful Maggie. On a daily basis my makeup routine is around 5 minutes, I mainly try to hide my flaws like dark circles or any blemishes. But if I go out at night or on weekends I can spend up to 15 minutes too. I am loving these makeup products from Clarins, will definitely try them out. Also your blush trench coat looks stunning, I am loving this soft shade of Pink on you.

    xxx
    Sarah

    http://sarahatiq.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love how natural this look is! The lip color looks absolutely stunning on you and pairs so well with your blush coat! I usually take about 15 minutes to get ready in the morning.. but that's because I like to do my makeup at a very leisurely pace :p I love clarins and use their products too, they have such amazing stuff! -xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look like a dream! your beautiful coat really pairs well with the shade of your denim! I really want to try this makeup SO badly! Loved this post! My normal routine is minimal but done but I take my time on it. I wouldn't have time to apply more than minimum makeup well. 30 minutes normally with hair. I had to really find a balance with my makeup routine after having little ones! Hope you have a beautiful week!

    Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. All these products look really good! I am a fan of Clarins' skin care but have not tried their makeup range. Looks like I have to check it out at their counter after reading your review!
    Kisses,
    Everest
    www.everestsays.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That pink mermaid trench is everything! I need to try more clarins stuff. They're the best

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loving your minimal makeup routine for the spring, it's nice to keep things fresh and simple as the weather gets warmer! The color of your trench coat is so beautiful and your light gray shoes are so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  32. You look so amazing in the James Jeans, Maggie!! :) I especially love reading all your makeup and skincare reviews. Xoxo
    http://www.cecelam.com/2017/03/coach-iii.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your makeup routine is great and I love the final look. I love wearing make up and trying new colors and techniques. So I'll definitely be trying your makeup routine :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. I saw this Clarins on another blogger and I'm inlove. Actually heading to the store now to buy these amazing products! You look absolutely stunning too! wow on that pink coat

    xxx
    thenewgirl

    ReplyDelete
  35. Very nice post, impressive. its quite different from other posts. Thanks for sharing.surveillance-cctv-security-camera-system In Delhi

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images