The Denim Edition



In all honesty, I actually prefer to wear jeans more than skirts. You can tell through my Instagram as I've only been wearing denim. As pretty as dresses and skirts may be, there are just very few occasions that I  can wear them to. My husband is usually dressed very casual so I don't  want to over dress when I'm with him. There are a couple pairs that I  wear non-stop and this pair by Hudson Jeans is one that I absolutely adore.


Sweater: H&M
Denim Jacket: DIY Levis
Jeans: Hudson
Boots: All Saints

I've had my fair share of Forever 21 and Urban Outfitter jeans when I was in college, but those honestly don't last very long. They lose shape after 20 minutes and start to stretch out. Many of them tend to be ultra thin, which don't provide any warmth at all. 

Currently, my favorite denim brands are Paige and Hudson. They fit really well and don't seem to stretch out at all. I would say that Hudson is more stretchy that Paige. The ankle opening for Hudson also tends to be smaller, which I honestly really like.

These 2 brands tend to be quite pricey, usually retailing for at least $150. However, you can find them usually at Saks Off 5th, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, and Nordstrom Rack for half the price now. I bought my Paige Edgemont Jeans for $40 when Nordstrom Rack had that semi-annual sale. 




What's your favorite denim brand? I'd love to know!

xoxo,

Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I agree that finding good quality denim is important. You just don't waste as much money that way. I love J Brand and Paige denim. I think I have a few of those or Rag and Bone. But then again I always go back to Levis too.
    xx Jenelle
    www.inspiringwit.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Dear:)
    Love your Denim Look:)
    I love Denim and I found a Brand: Mustang Jeans, The Quality is Top , I can say that better than Levis and the Prices much Cheaper:)
    Check it out, I think you would Love:)
    Kisss

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so many great things about Hudson jeans. $150 is pretty steep, but I don't mind paying for quality. Your double denim look is on point though babe!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I personally prefer skirts, but when it gets so cold, I just can't leave house without jeans. Love how you styled them!

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG I could seriously live in jeans too! I love Paige as well. Lately I've been wearing more Madewell because they have a wider selection of high waist jeans. They fit super well too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a total denim girl myself. I could wear jeans all the time if it was allowed. I haven't tried Paige or Hudson but I am a fan of AG Jeans, Rag and Bone and Frame. I have been also loving the "mom jeans" by Lovers + Friends and Grlfrnd. xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completely agree with you, love Paige & Hudson Jeans. I am so much more comfortable in jeans than a dress or skirt. Love the look that you put together !
    xx,gracie
    snappedbygracie.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect look dear!

    Xx,

    || FLOORTJELOVES ||

    www.floortjeloves.com
    www.bloglovin.com/blogs/floortjeloves-12198253

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't say I have the option of wearing a skirt (well, I do, but I don't, haha), but I love jeans and am always on the lookout for the perfect fit! These look amazing on you and I'll have to see if they have something for guys as well. :)
    xoxo
    Thomas

    http://thomasfalkenstedt.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love what you did to your denim jacket! Those safety pins are so rad! Because I'm short I need a brand that caters to petite lengths just to fit me perfectly. Topshop never lets me down in that department.

    xo, Jo
    www.cutandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also prefer to wear jeans more than skirts, but in spring and summer a skirt or shorts are also very nice. But your outfit I love. And that sweater...omg so nice

    ReplyDelete
  12. the back detail of this denim jacket is amazing with all the safety pins and stuff! denim will always be a favorite of mine <3
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You look so stylish, sweetie! denim is among my favorite outfits to wear. Love all your pictures :))

    Happy weekend, Xx, Gina

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello dear!
    I can't live without denim haha. Nice jacket and i love how it's customized in the back. My latest jeans purchase is Subdued and i really love it.. I love J Brand,too.
    Sending love from Italy
    Eva
    www.themermaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this casual look on you babe. I think it's so sweet that you dress casual to match with your husband. I also prefer the casual look as well so lately I've been really into the casual luxe style to find a nice middle ground of looking put together but still comfortable.

    www.atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm the opposite as I live in dresses. They're just so easy because there is nothing to match and it's a complete look. That said I do enjoy a good denim jacket and this one is seriously amazing! LOVE!
    XO
    http://www.lehoarder.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look amazing, Maggie! I really love your photos and I've always been a big fan!!! And you know I'm biased now with jeans ;) I would go with James Jeans hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an amazing casual chic! love the jacket!

    http://bellemelange.net/

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images