Coach x Dinky


In collaboration with Coach
Hat: Brixton
Turtleneck: Amazon
Velvet Dress: Designed by Me
Sweater Coat: Hong Kong
Boots: All Saints


The crossbody handbag has always been a favorite of mine because of the handsfree aspect. The love for oversized bags has diminished a long time ago mainly because I tend to over stuff, which causes a lot of unnecessary weight. I was obsessed with my Rebecca Minkoff bag that had the chain straps, but I soon realized the chain was just too heavy to carry around all day.

As of lately, you've been seeing me wear my mini Gucci bag because of how versatile and light it is. However, I'm loving Coach's new Dinky bag. The leather strap is thin and extremely well made. The minimal rectangular design is timeless and the denim shade is perfect for all four seasons. The gold hardware is not overtly warm toned, but is the perfect tone to accentuate the blue color. 




Designer bags can be overrated at times, but you don't always have to break the bank to invest in something that will stand the test of time. Of course, there's that Chanel boy bag that everyone seems to either own or covet, but quite frankly, there are many other options that you can be looking for. Below are a list of things that will help you find an affordable yet classic designer bag:

1. Look for minimal designs. If you look at handbag history, the ones that tend to be more minimalistic are the ones that often times beat trendy items decade after decade.

2. Pay attention to the straps. It's very subtle, but if the strap bends and wrinkles easily, then it's a sure sign that the leather is cheap and won't last very long.

3. Lining is everything. You're going to be using it a lot to toss your pens, notebooks, phone and etc. You want something that will be durable and something that will not rip easily. (The Dinky is lined with leather.)

4. Know your leathers. Chanel is known for their exquisitely soft lambskin leather bags, but quite frankly, they scratch extremely easily. An alternative is their caviar leather, which is harder, but more scratch resistant. This rule in general applies to all leather items. 

5. Stick with neutrals. Never invest in a bag that you have a hard time matching with your outfit. That bright pink bag may be calling your name, but ask yourself whether you can wear it all four seasons. If not, then it's better to invest in neutral colors.






On a side note, I've been loving product photography lately. It helps maintain my artist sanity to create something fun and whimsical. It challenges me to think creatively and pushes me to take photos that are not the typical blogger stuff. When Coach reached out for this collaboration, I literally jumped out of my seat and nearly spat my coffee across my keyboard. To be given the opportunity to someone who has less than 20k followers is an amazing blessing that I can never get over. With each new campaign I find myself researching and creating mood boards to help the brand tell their story. Since this is for their spring campaign, I thought it'd be very fitting to incorporate some of my watercolor butterflies and really make the bag take flight. What do you guys think?


What is your go-to handbag? Do you have one that you wear all year round or do you find yourself gravitating towards trendier pieces? Please share in the comments below. I'd love to hear from you!

xoxo,

Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

35 comments

  1. Loving the velvet!

    Liv

    livforstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not, I'm totally a bag lady (well, in a good way, haha). I don't do hand bags, but I do have totes, carryalls and what not and couldn't live without one. As for the velvet dress I'm in awe!!! Your own creation? Such talent and beauty in one garment! I'm seriously a new fan of yours!
    xoxo
    Thomas

    http://thomasfalkenstedt.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thomas! You always leave such sweet and thoughtful comments. I did design the dress. I couldn't find what I wanted and decided to make my own. Lol. :)

      Delete
  3. I've been loving the revival of Coach - one of my favorite brands growing up. Congrats on this exciting collab! The dinky bag really is the perfect size. I love your blog layout as well! : )

    xx, Amy
    http://www.theluxilook.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the flatlay shot! I love how Coach has changed lately, their bags are more fun and colorful

    http://www.queenhorsfall.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful Dinky bag, sis!!! The color is amazing and you wear it so well <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Way That You've styled Them with the rest of this outfit!

    http://chicglamstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coach has really been stepping up lately with their bags. I am a huge fan of their latest crossbody saddle bag styles. I am swooning over the one you have!

    http://www.thebeautybeau.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes I like more bold bags. But the minimal design are the ones that make you more sophisticated.
    Love the style of Coach, Charissa
    http://www.ladygoldapple.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Outfit on Point!!

    xx Nicole - www.nicolemai.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this post and the outfit!! btw, amazing pictures, too!! Xx, Gina

    www.artsyrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is a good list! I totally agree that you do not have to break the bank in order to get a good investment bag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cool collab. I agree, neutral bags with a strong strap and minimal hardware are so versatile. I have a few shoulder strap mini bags that I have been using all the time, none with flashy designer logo's, so they will keep me interested for a long time. Love your artwork!
    xx Jenelle
    www.inspiringwit.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That bag is such a classic! I really loved reading all your tips and agree that a neutral bag is the way to go. It also pairs with everything. I also believe that the leather shouldn't scratch easily!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. High 5! Crossbody handbags are my fave too for the same reason - so good to shop around handsfree! And that bag looks classy on u - thanks for sharing with us the tips in selecting a classic designer bag ;)

    xx Aldora
    www.AldoraMuses.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't get over the dress you made, they look so sexy, yet edgy, yet elegant. Also, the photo of butterflies "moving" with the bag is great, love the colors and the idea, too!

    just-question.blogspot.cz

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey Sweetie:)
    How are you?
    Ohhh That cute Blue Handbag super Cute, I have my Fav as well, a unique Designer one, from Pierro Guidi:)
    Love Velvet And especially Dresses:) The purple velvet Dress Amazing on you:)
    Kisses Hugs
    Karina

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love cross body bags too because they leave your hands free to do something else. I also like them because they're not big and bulky. They're perfect to run errands and also make for cute flatlays. I've been seeing this Coach dinky bag everywhere and it truly is a perfect go to bag for all occasions. I love the creativity you used for the bag and butterflies. So beautiful babe! Xoxo, Christine
    http://dailykongfidence.com/going-somewhere/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was so excited to hear about your collaboration with Coach on Instagram. Congrats girl! These photos look soo beautiful and I loved the way you styled this outfit. Love the pretty blues and purples for winter.

    www.atsunamatsui.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow ! I truly love your velvet creation! You are so extraordinarily talented! As for Coach , my family has always been a fan of the luxurious bags and accessories and I absolutely love the one you have here. Beautiful product photography.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello dear!!
    Beautiful look and great bag. Love the quality and color and how you advised in this post.
    xx
    Eva
    www.themermaidfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. That bag is everything!! It's soo beautiful <3

    I love how you styled this slip dress, so simple but effective.

    http://www.beautystuffbyana.com/2017/02/how-to-style-poncho-fashion-tips.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really love this Coach bag too! navy is such a chic color, and you paired it so beautifully with your velvet dress <3
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. We all need a great clutch that is perfectly sized and light weight for our everyday needs! I also have a rebecca mink off bag that I initially loved but honestly the weight of it (when it's empty) was just way too much to use for an everyday bag!
    Coach has been a brand name that's been around for a long time and it's so nice to see that they're constantly changing their styles and creating more versatile pieces for their consumers!

    Wanderlustts
    www.wanderlustts.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Uuuu, this bag is absolutely timeless and gorgeous! And these are some great tips. I totally agree, that you should always stick to neutrals and minimalistic designs, because they will never go out of fashion.

    Cheers, Eliza | www.fashion-confession.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your photography is so beautiful! I love how you incorporated artwork into photographing that gorgeous Coach bag! I'm also having a moment with smaller purses at the moment. They're so timeless and easy to carry!

    xo, Jo
    www.cutandchic.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. That bag is so pretty!!! I found myself gravitate towards different handbags throughout the year. My recently fave is a gold chain Chanel boy in classic black and a gold chain YSL in classic black. You prob start to see a trend here, I love black handbags with gold chains.

    xx, Jessie
    http://4evajessie.com/stay-active-with-grana/

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love everything about this look, it's so stylish and every detail is beautiful.

    xo, Maryam
    www.glamandposh.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a beautiful post! Girl, you know your leather and I learned so much! I wonder what Fendi uses because they seem to always scratch easily for me. I adore this Coach bag! It's stunning and goes with everything. I adore bags like this, perfectly quality and price point. I am very indecisive and get tired of things quickly so I'm always hesitant to spend thousands on something I could be sick of in a month. Great post and you have amazing content so it comes as no surprise that they reached out to you!

    Manda | http://EvocativelyChosen.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow! Coach has really upped their game. These bags look flawless and I'm loving how minimal they are!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your tips on choosing a quality handbag, you echoed my thoughts exactly! And I too am a fan of lightweight bags as well, especially when I'm on the go all day. The Dinky sounds like a fabulous choice, and especially love the grained leather as I know it will be durable and stand the test of time. This one in particular in this deep navy shade is perfect for all outfits and perfectly versatile :) Also, your final product shot is just stunning! Please share more of them on IG as it's just gorgeous!! :D

    xo Soo | www.BrownEyedToast.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congrats on your collaboration with Coach, you did an amazing job with your product shot! I love the deeper colors for this look, especially that velvet dress! You look stunning as always!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. I always love your artistic touches! This one with the butterflies is stunning! I am usually a bucket bag girl, but I also tend to put too much in them, so maybe it's time I look at a smaller option.

    https://bybreannamarie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love everything good luxury handbag. you look absolutely stunning in velvet. and congratulations on the big collaboration with Coach.

    xxx
    thenewgirl

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images