Autumn Tale








BANANA REPUBLIC HAT
BANANA REPUBLIC VEST COAT
LACE TOP FROM HK
MASON BY MICHELLE MASON SILK TANK
ASOS SKIRT
SAM EDELMAN BOOTS

I'm so excited to work with Banana Republic again for their Fall collection. They graciously gifted me the vest and fedora in which I'm in love with and I seriously can't hold back my excitement to work with such an amazing company. Both items add elegance and a sense of being polished without much effort. I can wear either piece with a plain white tee and jeans yet I would still look refined. I wore this vest out to dinner like that and my husband asked me why I was so dressed up. Ha. It's also perfect for this LA weather that can't seem to make up it's mind. 

I recently finished reading Aimee Song's "Capture Your Style" and was so inspired by her take on upping your Instagram game. Each page was filled with her beautiful captures. Here are a few things that I learned:

1. Backdrop is key - You probably hear this all the time, but it actually is essential in making your outfit stand out. That's why there's actually a job position for location scouters. Not to mention, with a background in interior design, it's no wonder she always chooses the perfect scenery. If you're wearing a simple outfit, choose a more visually interesting background. If you're wearing a red dress, choose something simple and muted. You're either making your outfit standout or the backdrop, only one or the other. Sometimes it's better not to post a cute outfit if you can't find the right background. 

2. Always think in 3, 6, 9, 12 - This is only crucial if you want to have an Instagram theme. I kind of knew this before, but quite honestly, I don't always keep up with it. This was a good reminder. 

3. Just wear clothes you love - This one is tricky because I don't have a closet overflowing of beautiful clothes. Instagram is a portfolio of my wardrobe, but quite frankly, on most days, I go with t-shirt and jeans. My husband can vouch. It's hard wearing dresses and skirts all the time, but I guess that's also how she turns every simple moment (like getting yogurt) into a perfect photo opportunity.



What did you guys think of her book?

xoxo,

Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images