The Issue with Pride





HM Top (Similar here and here)
Hudson White Stark Moto Jeans
House of Harlow Lace Up Sandals
Marc Jacobs Bag (old)

Hello Loves!

I've always had a soft spot for lace because of how fragile and beautifully intricate it is and this necklace is absolutely stunning. I know the trend seems to be primarily chokers and dainty necklaces lately, but who can resist a statement necklace like this? The gold color isn't too loud and the best part is that it can be paired with jeans or dresses. This is another post in collaboration with Banana Republic and their Spring campaign. Honestly, I can't even believe I was chosen to be a part of this collection because I don't even have that many followers. Out of all the other amazing bloggers out there, they chose me. What an honor. 

It's very easy to under-appreciate when you think highly of yourself. You lose sight of gentle generosities. As one climbs to success, pride is on the other side, waiting to devour you. That statement in itself sounds very dark and cynical, but it's reality. As soon as you do well in anything, you start wanting more of whatever it is. If it's vanity, you want praises. If it's occupational, you desire recognition. If it's social status, you yearn for acknowledgement. The list goes on. 

"For Pride is spiritual cancer: it eats up the very possibility of love, or contentment, or even common sense." C.S. Lewis

Don't get me wrong. Friendly competition can sometimes bring the best out of people. Pride becomes a bad thing when you put yourself on a pedestal and refuse to look anywhere else but down on others. Pride, like cancer begins itself as undetected and small. Eventually, it grows and spreads till it's too late for a cure. I can't tell you how many times I've argued with my husband knowing I was wrong. My arguments made no sense, yet I was still arguing. But when you love someone, you lay down your pride. I've learned to say "I'm sorry," even if I was right because what mattered more was the other person and not my pride. Don't fuss over little things that don't matter. Always focus on the bigger picture. Love should always be at the center.

Love,

Maggie S.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images