Totoro











Asos Fuzzy Sweater (Similar here)
Calvin Klein Clutch

I re-watched Totoro, a childhood favorite and was actually weirded out a bit. I mean, none of Hayao Miyazaki's stuff is normal and Spirited Away actually scared the heebie jeebies out of me. In my memory, it was filled with imagination and excitement, but I didn't seem to enjoy it as much this time around. I don't know if it's because I lost that childlike heart, but re-watching it made me realize how much of my imagination has been lost. It kind of reminded me of Inside-Out when Riley had to give up Bing Bong. As we get older, life's obstacles teach us that miracles don't exist and that there is no point in dreaming. Experience tells us that happy endings don't exist and that we constantly have to fight in order to survive. Yet, isn't it odd that the most creative people tend to be living out their dreams? Walt Disney once said "That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up." 

I can't agree more. So in this post I want to dedicate it to my beloved childhood movie, Totoro. The fuzzy top with gray skirt and boots make up the color scheme of this friendly neighbor and it's a reminder to have a childlike heart.



xoxo,

Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images