The Opposing Factor





Vince silk halter (Similar here)
Zara vegan leather pleated skirt (Different color here and loving this one too)
Obsession Rules Heels (Similar here)

I decided to pair my silk halter with a leather skirt to give my outfit some more depth. I always love the combination of pairing opposite fabrics together. I find that this concept not only works well with fabrics, but also with styles. I guess you can say, opposites attract. I decided to do my hair again since this was one of the few hairstyles that my fiance actually likes. He usually prefers my hair just natural. 

Anyway, I have five more months till the wedding and I've been learning to shop a lot more frugally. There are so many vendors that charge 20 times more just because of the word "wedding." It's ridiculous. I understand it's a once in a lifetime thing, but people need to stop taking advantage of that. I flew down to LA to buy fabric for my wedding dress and also to spend time with my fiance. The thought of spending $500 on something that's made of polyester makes me cringe. The FIDM scholarship store usually sells fabric for really cheap and I have bought silk for $5 a yard before, but it really depends on the season. I wasn't able to find anything I wanted there so I hit up the fabric district and found crinkle silk chiffon in the most perfect ivory color.

Stay tuned as I'm going to be sharing with you some DIYs soon. I already made my bridesmaids' bouquets and I'm going to be working on mine soon. Hope everyone is having a good week!

Love,

Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images