San Diego Comic Con

Photo by Popsugar, Her Universe Fashion Show, Doctor Doom, Geek Couture, Comic Con 

Photo by Popsugar, Her Universe Fashion Show, Doctor Doom, Geek Couture, Comic Con 


 Photo by FahionablyNerdy


Hey everyone,

I was super busy this past week trying to finish this dress inspired by Doctor Doom for Comic Con's fashion show hosted by Her Universe. My friend, Kay modeled the dress beautifully. I didn't win, but here's a link to all the other entries so you can check out the other amazing designs:

http://www.popsugar.com/tech/Geek-Couture-Fashion-Show-35327005

The two designs that won were: Regina's curse (#14 - Audience Award) and Marty McFly (#23 - Judges' Award)

I didn't really get a chance to take more photos of my dress. Such a bummer! I spent so much time on it too. Anyway, the metallic shoulder and belt pieces are made of genuine leather and the dress is made of silk. It flowed beautifully down the runway. What I wanted most from this design was to make it wearable and have everything detachable so you can wear the pieces separately. With couture, it's kind of a one-time-wear type of thing and I didn't want that. People wear amazing and crazy outfits, but they can never wear it outside of Comic Con, so I wanted to create something that they can wear multiple times outside of Comic Con. Anyway, hope you guys liked my design. 

Omg, can you guess who I met backstage? Maisie Williams! Arya Stark! I was so ecstatic to meet her! Aside from Emilia Clarke, she's my favorite in Game of Thrones. 

Love,

Maggie S.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images