Mother of Dragons, Daenerys Targaryen







Mom's Vintage Gold Pearl Necklace
Swarovski Bracelet

I'm so in love with the Keepsake dress. It totally reminds me of my favorite character from Game of Thrones, Daenerys Targaryen. There's a sense of edgy simplicity to this dress that I really adore. Anyway, I've only watched till Season 2 and I heard it gets more intense and her costumes get more lavish. Is anyone else a Game of Thrones fan? 

I did a post awhile back dedicating to her costumes, but here's an updated post with some of the dresses that inspired this look. As the Mother of dragons, Daenerys' costumes really evolve from soft flowy fabrics to more reptilian looking textures. I love how the costume designer, Michele Clapton puts so much detail into each garment that most people don't really notice. I think, it's really only through photos that you start to pay attention to how the garments are made. 


This is one of my favorite dresses because of the simple yet still cutting edge design. You can't really see the belt here, but it has reptile scales on it. 


I don't know about you, but I'm so fascinated by the technology they use to make their fabric look like scales. Crocodile and snake leather can sometimes be a bit stiff and uncomfortable, but with this new way of creating texture on fabrics, costumes are made a bit more comfortable for the actors. 


Did you know, given the time constraint, dresses on this show are rarely duplicated. That means that if someone spills wine on one of garments, say good-bye to the beautiful costume. 

Hope you guys are having a good week so far. I'm going to Comic Con next week as a Fashion Designer contestant and I'm going to be super busy making this couture dress. Wish me luck! I'll be posting photos once the event is over since it's supposed to be a secret right now. 

Love,
Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images