Mermaid in the City







Zara Pastel Blue Moto Jacket
Embellished Tank from HK
DailyLook Skirt (Pink version here)

Before Summer comes to an end, I wanted to get more out of my pastel colored clothing items before I switch over to my love of dark colors for Fall. What's amazing about this skirt is that it has built in shorts, which is always a plus in my book. 

Make sure to head over to Macy's to check out their shoes on sale. I know Nordstrom is having their semi-annual sale, but sometimes you'll find the same shoes at Macy's for a much lower price. If you're a fan of Chiara Ferragni from "The Blonde Salad," her shoes are heavily discounted here. Make sure to get a pair of nude heels that will greatly elongate your legs and is perfect for every dress. 

Anyway, this isn't really a costume design post, but I wanted to provide some inspirational images of the modern mermaid. 

These two photos were shot by Danny Christensen for The Haute Living - Le Petite Sirene. 



These are from Vogue Japan in the May 2012 issue:




Aren't these photos stunning? I've always had a fascination for mermaids. Or maybe it's just because I love the water so much. Anyway, hope you guys are having a good mid-week!

Love,

Maggie S.





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images