Princess Bride

  silk embroidered top: urban outfitters, black full skirt: betsey johnson, gold scallop chain bag: tahari, crystal heels: b...





 silk embroidered top: urban outfitters, black full skirt: betsey johnson, gold scallop chain bag: tahari, crystal heels: boutique in hong kong 

The weather in LA has been really warm during the day. It'll reach 80+ degrees, that's why you'll see some of your favorite bloggers like Chriselle Lim and Aimee Song sporting less layers. 

I didn't think too much of this skirt when I saw it hanging on the racks, but when I tried it on, I immediately fell in love. It's weird how your opinion changes drastically when a garment fits. 

Anyway, I added this new feature to my blog where you can shop similar items from my outfit. Sometimes, the things I get aren't in stores anymore so here are a couple of options. Make sure to actually click the image because the on sale price doesn't really show for some reason. 


So for costumes, I thought I'd dedicate this post to the much beloved classic fairytale, "The Princess Bride." For my younger readers, this is a must see. Along with wit and humor, there's plenty of action and romance. It's the ultimate story of a guy fighting for a girl. The costumes were designed by Phyllis Dalton.

The movie is set in medieval times when magic existed. This is probably the most difficult time period to get primary research of because there is so little in existence today. When the Elizabethan era came along, art was held at a high value and noble men and women hired artists to paint themselves. So when you see medieval costumes on the big screen, it's all open interpretation. Of course, there's certain silhouettes that we all are used to, but there are no detailed paintings of what the people wore during that time. 


I thought all of Princess Buttercup's dresses were so beautiful. You'd think she would wear yellow to go with her name, but she wore mainly blues. Also, as you see with the men here, the doublet is about to evolve to what we know from Shakespeare's time.



I honestly feel there's a modern influence on Westley's costume. It's very Mask of Zorro, don't you think?


Have you guys seen this movie? Sorry, like The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, these photos just don't cut it, but I seriously recommend this movie if you haven't seen it. Let me know! I'd love to hear your feedback. 

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images