Pacific Rim

    Twill Jacket: Cotton On, Red Jeans: Crossroads, Metal Chain Bag: BCBG, Rings: Coach, The Limited, Gifts I really love thi...



  Twill Jacket: Cotton On, Red Jeans: Crossroads, Metal Chain Bag: BCBG, Rings: Coach, The Limited, Gifts

I really love this light weight twill jacket from Cotton On. It's really thin, but warm enough to be a light layer over a semi-cool day and the best thing of all about this jacket is that it was only $7 when I bought it. I love holiday deals. I might be changing my layout soon so don't be alarmed! 


For this post I wanted to talk about the blockbuster hit, "Pacific Rim." It was so bad it was good. Nobody really expected this movie to be such a big hit, but it was and I'm sure they're making another sequel. Costume design was by Kate Hawley. 

Each of the suits reflect their specific Jaeger. It's always so interesting to see how much influence the motorcycle outfit has on futuristic costumes. 




Interestingly enough, there really wasn't a military aesthetic in this film. It's probably due to the cut of governmental funding for the Jaeger program. 


Here's a sketch of Maki from the art pages of the Pacific Rim: Man, Machine and Monsters book below, courtesy of Insight Editions. Technically it was from the article that I drew most of my photos from i09. Make sure to click on that link to read their in-depth article on Pacific Rim's character designs. The yellow lines kind of remind me of Tron, don't you think?



Ok, this has nothing to do with costume design, but these sketches were so cool I had to share. 

Monster designing came to a whole 'nother level for this film. 


Did any of you see this film? Did you like it? C'mon, be honest. Haha.

Love, 
Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images