A Farewell

I normally don't do a lot of sneak peaks, but I was so excited on this short film project ("A Farewell") that I had to share....

I normally don't do a lot of sneak peaks, but I was so excited on this short film project ("A Farewell") that I had to share. I designed the costumes and did hair and makeup on set.







Obviously it's not 100% period accurate; it's end of 19th century inspired. I was hired really last minute and I was scrambling to find a tailcoat tuxedo for the main actor, but everything worked out well. Even though the budget was quite slim, I was able to find really amazing pieces.

Funny story: The bustle part of the costume is actually the same fabric that JCrew used for one of their tanks. I bought it at FIDM for $5 a yard. Crazy right? I rented her corset. The shorts are from Forever 21 and the stockings are from American Apparel. It's kind of amazing what styling can do.

Hope you enjoyed this post. Let me know if you guys are interested to see more of my work.

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images