Passion

I honestly don't post too much about my personal life just because this blog is almost an escape from reality. As you all know, I'm...

I honestly don't post too much about my personal life just because this blog is almost an escape from reality. As you all know, I'm a costume designer. Any job in the media or art industry is pretty much guaranteed to be difficult for the first couple of years. Actually, there are no guarantees you'll ever "make it." I decided to pursue costume design because this is what I love. Of course, I can be like any other person working at a 9-5 job and be perfectly comfortable and content, not ever worrying over my financial status. However, that's not how I want my life to be. 

George Burns said, "I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate." 

This quote really strikes a chord in my heart. Like all parents, my mom is constantly nagging about how this is such a path of failure. I understand that she just doesn't want me to go through difficult times, but honestly, I don't want to grow old regretting not pursuing my dream. I don't want time to run out. I don't want it to be too late to be chasing after a long forgotten dream. I would rather fail miserably now then to wait 20-30 years later and wonder what it would've been like to pursue that dream of mine.

Honestly, I'm not making much money, but I'm not going to give up. Don't ever let anyone tell you that making money is more important. Yes, you'll have the financial stability. You'll be able to eat whatever you want, buy whatever you want, but what then? The path to success is filled with fields of thorns and bristles, but the ones who do make it across, cut and scarred, at the very least, have a story to tell. 

Do not give up on your passion. Pursue it like hungry lion. 



Love,

Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images