Goblet of Fire

dress: topshop, leather jacket: hk, chain crossbody bag: bcbg, heels: forever 21, bracelets: forever 21, gift, ring: mom I found t...



dress: topshop, leather jacket: hk, chain crossbody bag: bcbg, heels: forever 21, bracelets: forever 21, gift, ring: mom

I found this royal blue lace dress from Crossroads by Top Shop awhile ago, but haven't had the chance to wear it. I think I have a new love for second hand stores. I love being able to trade in my old clothes and getting new ones. Also, the fact that they just carry much better quality stuff than Forever 21 is amazing. I ate at an Italian restaurant with my boyfriend and realized that this was not the ideal dress to be wearing. It was too restricting. Next time, I'm wearing a loose dress if I'm going to be eating a lot. Lol.

Anyway, I ran out of ideas for this outfit, but thought the orange water fountain reminded me of fire so this post will be dedicated to Harry Potter, Goblet of Fire. Jany Tamime was the costume designer for this film and she did an amazing job with keeping it true to its original designs while adding elements to modernize it. One thing that I love about the Harry Potter series that it has such a great sense of timeless-ness. There are so many different periods jumbled into the costumes that it actually really works.

Professor Dumbledore and McGonagall wear medieval inspired pieces while Professor Snape looks he's wearing either an 18th century coat or a Civil War era outfit.


The background actors seem to have more modern dresses. Cho Chang's garment is a hybrid of the Chinese traditional dress with the medieval inspired sleeves. Obviously, Cedric is wearing a very modern bow tie.


I love how Ron looks so frou frou while Harry's costume remained very safe. You really get a sense of their personalities here. Ron has a lot more going on in his outfit than Harry does. The Patil sisters also
looked beautiful in their brightly colored costumes.



Hermione looked beautiful in her dress. It really had a Cinderella moment. 


Rita Skeeter had a very fun wardrobe to pay attention to; it always went with the story she was covering. Here she is talking about the diving challenge and her color is a "sickening" green shade.


Jany Tamime also made Rita this amazing costume of snake skin to relate it to the dragon news coverage she was investigating. Can you tell that there's an 80s influence?


Anyway, hope you guys are having a great week so far. I'm leaving for Hong Kong in a week! 

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images