Hunger Games: Catching Fire

leather jacket: hk, orange dress: three floor, nude pumps: franco sarto In my last post I mentioned about my love for Three Flo...



leather jacket: hk, orange dress: three floor, nude pumps: franco sarto

In my last post I mentioned about my love for Three Floor dresses. I finally had a chance to take a picture of it. I love the sheer cutouts and zipper detail. (Sorry my hair is covering most of it, but you can see a better picture of it in my previous post with the model.) This dress is perfect for the Fall or Winter because the material is a much thicker material than your average Nasty Gal fabric. Actually, you can't even compare the quality because Three Floor is way better. If you get a chance, try to save money and invest in better quality items because they will seriously last so much longer. This dress is definitely more on the avante garde side so I see it being more than just a fading trend. 

Anyway, who's excited for the new Hunger Games movie coming out? I'm super excited for the awesome costumes! For this film, they changed costume designers and Trish Summerville is the new designer. From the photos that have been released so far, the costumes seem a lot more mature and not to mention, way edgier. I'm so glad Hollywood is giving young designers a chance to actually design a major budgeted movie. You might recognize Trish Summerville from her famous work on The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo

Summerville saw Katniss Everdeen to be the new fashion It-Girl of the Capitol. For her entrance, Summerville wanted to retain the girl on fire reputation subliminally and I think it actually worked really well. I can't wait for the CGI done for this dress. 


Katniss' costume here definitely evokes District 12 well.  


With Summerville, you're sure to get a lot of leather detailing. 


What Elizabeth Banks is wearing is actually from an Alexander Mcqueen collection. She might not look like she's uncomfortable, but Summerville really wanted to show that Trish is in conflict with herself in sending children out to these games so her heels are a bit too high, her waist is cinched it a tad much and her clothes restrict her almost from being able to sit. 


Anyone else a Hunger Games fan?

I'm still on set till Sunday. Make sure to follow my Instagram to get the latest updates on what I'm doing. 

Love,
Maggie S. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images