The Fall

red shirt: crossroads trading, red jeans: crossroads, black heels: franco sarto, belt: hk, necklace: hk, bracelets: hk, fo...





red shirt: crossroads trading, red jeans: crossroads, black heels: franco sarto, belt: hk, necklace: hk, bracelets: hk, forever 21, anthropologie, watch: gift

I went all red today. Other bloggers have been posting monochromatic looks and thought I'd give it a try with red. There's really nothing special about this look aside from maybe the bright red from head to toe. I definitely got a lot of stares at LACMA today. Haha.

Ok, so now onto costumes. My best friend had suggested to watch "The Fall" because the costumes are stunning. Tarsem Singh, the director, has proven himself time and time again to have quite an eye for beauty. He's directed Immortals, Mirror, Mirror, and The Cell.  Can you guess who the costume designer is? Eiko Ishioka! 




Look at this amazing beaded, horned head-dress. 




The water lily dress! I love how Eiko always maintains a sense of simplicity in her costumes. 


I think generally 87% of the audience liked this film on rotten tomatoes. It might be worth a look if you love costume design like I do. :P

 I'm shooting a music video this weekend! I'm super stoked because it's my first music video and it's loosely set in the 1940s. Can't wait till it's done so I can show you guys! Hope you guys have a wonderful rest of the week!

Love,
Maggie S. 

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Wow I'm so impressed by your outfit. I've never seen anyone style red pants with a red top but you're really working it. Also I really enjoy how you include costume designs from movies and music videos in your posts. I don't pay enough attention to it myself so I like scrolling through looks you've posted. I'm definitely appreciating costume design more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Christina! That's good! Technically, costume design is just a component of telling a story. It really adds to an actor's character. I'm glad you're enjoying these posts! It definitely makes it worthwhile.

      Delete
  2. I love your style! Very unique! Congrats on your music video too ;)

    ~http://dinosaurfashionrescues.weebly.com/read-me.html read my blog :) ~

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is such a bold look! You're rocking that all red! Great post on costume design once again. They are always so interesting to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant blog, great posts and beautiful proprietress! What to want more ...
    I'd love to follow you (bloglovin + GTC) and welcome to visit my
    blog about fashion - KatherineUnique.blogspot.com .


    Regards,
    Katherine Unique


    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Maggie,

    I'm Valencia, the community manager of WhatIWear. I checked out your blog, and I think your style is awesome! It should be seen by more people! That's why I'd like to invite you to WhaIWear.com. With 900.000 page views a month, WhatIWear.com is the leading street style website in Asia. Plus, we're still growing, so it's perfect for rising fashionistas to have their chance to SHINE at the spotlight.

    Maybe you can post these pics as your first looks on WhatIWear? I bet our members will be rooting for you as well!

    We cannot wait to see your awesome style.
    Click www.whatiwear.com to get started.


    See you soon,
    Valencia
    Community manager

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images