The White Queen

hat: f21, shirt dress: hk, leather dress: la, laced caged heels: bakers   This is what I wore to church today minus the caged hee...



hat: f21, shirt dress: hk, leather dress: la, laced caged heels: bakers 

This is what I wore to church today minus the caged heels. I wore flat sandals instead. I love the white on white look just because it's so effortless and crisp at the same time. The only problem is, I'm a bit clumsy and sometimes land kimchi marks on my white clothes, which are a pain to get out.

I said I was going to return to Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" costumes because Colleen Atwood is just so amazing. We're going to focus on Anne Hathaway's costume as the White Queen. I love the Italian Renaissance inspired look for her. Her wig was made of actual human hair and it's actually really rare to find long white human hair. Colleen Atwood also noted that makeup played a huge part in keeping Anne Hathaway within the world of Tim Burton. They kept her own colored eyebrows and gave her a lip tint. It made a tremendous difference right?



Here's a closeup of the dress. It's quite intricate and beautiful. It's not advised to use white costumes in film because of things getting overexposed. So, when you see white clothes in movies, they're not actually white in real life. They're usually tinted a different color.


Here's the White Queen with her entourage. 



Look at that actresses wig! 


I love Anne Hathaway. She's an amazing actress and is so versatile.

Did you guys like this movie? FYI: Colleen Atwood won the Academy Award for best costume design for this film.

Hope you guys had a restful weekend and is ready to take on the new week!

Love,
Maggie S.


You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. love this look and your blog <3
    www.rumeur-rose.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved Anne Hathaway in Alice in Wonderland! Such a great movie! And great outfit!

    the { cassiepaige }

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks Cassie! I know! Anne Hathaway was amazing!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images