Run The World

black tee: walmart, leopard skirt: crossroads, black bag: h&m, caged heels: bakers, fedora: hk,  wrap around watch: loehmann'...


black tee: walmart, leopard skirt: crossroads, black bag: h&m, caged heels: bakers, fedora: hk, 
wrap around watch: loehmann's

I've wanted a leopard print A-line skirt for awhile, but the ones at the stores are usually made of chiffon and I wanted a heavier fabric so I could wear it into the Fall. So, when I saw this skirt at Crossroads going for half off, I immediately snatched it. It's a bit big on me, but it has belt loops so I could wear a belt and it'll stay fine. 

I normally don't shop at Walmart for clothes because of the bad quality. I mean, you get what you pay for. However, I couldn't pass up this cool detail basic tee and it fit so well. It was also only $7. I figured, "What the heck. It'll be a good staple piece till it starts fading." For $7, I'm sure I'd put it to good use. 

Anyway, so now onto costumes. I'm pretty excited to talk about this one because it's one of my all time favorite costumes in a music video. I'm not sure if I have something else that tops this one, but here we go. Beyonce's "Run the World," is a work of art. Her outfits are stunning and the craziest thing about them is that most of the clothing pieces, they're straight from Beyonce's closet. Francis Lawrence was the stylist for this shoot and you'll see what I mean about these outfits. They're jaw dropping. One thing that I really loved about this music video was the color palette. It was so Indian inspired, but with an edge that was unique for Beyonce. 

Here she's wearing Norma Camali shorts and Alexander Wang booties. The gold harness is by Giuseppe Zanotti. I love the color palette here.

The crown is Erickson Beamon. It's this whole concept of women running the world and Beyonce was queen so she needed a crown somewhere in the video. It's so fantastic.


Here, you see her in a Brian Lichtenburg fur vest.



This white dress was by Givenchy couture. There's actually a lot more pastel colors on this gown, but with the photoshopped version, you can't really tell.


This is Gareth Pugh's Fall 2011 Collection. I love it because it reminds me of chain-mail and you guys all know how much I adore medieval costumes. 



One of my favorite shots. This lemon plunge neckline dress was by Emilio Pucci's Spring 2011 collection and the sides were split especially for her. How else can she dance right?


Beyonce wanted a couture scene where even all the background dancers would be wearing couture outfits. Beyonce is wearing Alexander McQueen's Fall 2010 dress. This was his more baroque and renaissance inspired seasons. It's absolutely beautiful. I love the thigh high boots that go with it too.


This is Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring 2011 dress. I feel like Jean Paul Gaultier has a very unique aesthetic and you can immediately tell him apart from other designers. It's kind of out of this world, but at the same time, very intricate in detail. 


Finally, we have the beautiful green dress by Emilio Pucci (Fall 2011). One of the sleeves was ripping so they decided to rip it out entirely, which worked quite well the the music video.


Anyway, that was a lot information and photos. What do you guys think. Do you have a favorite music video where you drool over all the outfits? Haha. 

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. Hi Maggie!

    I recently started following your blog as a result of following you on LookBook. I really have to say that I love your blog! It's so interesting to read about your analysis of media and fashion, and to see the fashion interpreted into wearable outfits. It's very different from most blogs that I follow. Your blog is making me appreciate the fashion in the media more. For example, your post about the dress in Atonement made me realize how beautiful the green dress was. I can't believe I never realized before. Thank you and keep it up! I look forward to your future posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kathy,

      Thank you so much for your thoughtful and sweet comment. It really made my day! I kind of started off with just posting outfits of the day (like everyone else), but I never really combined costuming and fashion till this year. I figured I should talk about the two things that I really love and am passionate about and hopefully there would be readers like you that would appreciate it. Thank you so much for your support. :)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad to do it :) I can really tell that you are passionate about both.

      Delete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images