Chamber of Secrets - Slytherin

white sequin blazer: h&m, white tee: f21, snake print jeans: crossroads, bag: louis vuitton, pumps: jessica simpson, neckla...




white sequin blazer: h&m, white tee: f21, snake print jeans: crossroads, bag: louis vuitton, pumps: jessica simpson, necklace: hk, bracelets: gifts and f21

I love this season because everything is on sale. H&M was having a buy 2 get 1 free deal when I bought this blazer. I think I probably spent an hour in that store trying to look for my size, but I found it.  Too bad the sequins don't show up so well in the photos. I guess even in real life, the sequins aren't overwhelming and are quite subtle. Maybe that's why I like this blazer so much. 

The pants are from Crossroads Trading. They were half off of $15. You do the math. Crazy right? A friend of mine who's family owns a denim wholesale business told me how much it actually costs to make jeans and my jaws dropped. There's no way I'm ever paying that much for jeans again. I mean, I never did, but just for future reference. 

Anyway, today's costume dedication goes to Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. Lindy Hemming did an amazing job. The whole film has a very timeless feel to it. It's a wonderful mix of modernity and the past. I also have to mention the amazing production designer that worked on this film too, Stuart Craig. There's so much detail in every scene. Here's a closer look at PD and Costume working together at its best. 

This is probably one of my favorite shots in the entire movie. I love the use of symmetry and the lighting is just eerily amazing.



Although the snake statues are CGI, don't you just love how the statues have scales? 


I must pay tribute the Slytherin House right? I thought Malfoy was annoying, but Game of Thrones, Joffrey has me praising Malfoy like a Saint. Haha. 


Here's our beloved Emma Watson. She was so adorable. 

 

Kenneth Bragnagh's costume was amazing. He looked like prince charming didn't he? Did you notice the beautiful baroque vest?


I'll be updating more on Harry Potter costumes in later posts just because there's so much to cover. Anyone else a Harry Potter fan? My favorite book was the third one - The Prisoner of Askaban. 

Hope you guys have a wonderful day! It's FRIDAY. 

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images