Memoirs of a Geisha

white blazer: urban outfitters, red floral shirt: zara, blue leather skirt: i love h81, scallop leather bag: tahari, heels: f21, ...



white blazer: urban outfitters, red floral shirt: zara, blue leather skirt: i love h81, scallop leather bag: tahari, heels: f21, bracelets: f21, swarovski, mom, sunglasses: universal, necklace: express

As I've mentioned in previous posts, Zara is having a huge sale. Nearly two-thirds of the store is heavily discounted. I stopped by this past Sunday and they are still having the sale. One of the employees stated that the sale ends this week so make sure to stop by Zara because they only have sales like this twice a year. This red floral shirt was from the sale for only $25. It's practically Forever 21 price, but better quality. 

The funny thing about this skirt is that I didn't purchase it from Forever 21. I actually got it at Crossroads Trading for only $12, which is normal price at Forever 21.  I was initially attracted to the color, but when I picked it out from the rack, I realized it was genuine leather. I don't think the buyers had any idea that it was real suede leather at all. (I'm pretty gifted with feeling a fabric and kinda knowing what it's made of.) They probably just thought "Oh, Forever 21, it's gotta be cheap." Nope. You're wrong Crossroads, but that's ok because I score. Lol. 

Anyway, to tie this whole look together, I paired it with a bunch of mixed metals. You know what they say in the fashion world: gold and silver jewelry should not be worn together. I beg to differ. I like this Tahari bag because the leather is a copper gold tone colored while the chain strap is silver. It allows you to play with different colored metals with your accessories. 

Ok, now onto one of my favorite books of all time, Memoirs of a Geisha. This movie came out when I was in high school and I was really excited to see it on the big screen. Like many other complainers, I wish they had cast all Japanese actors. It just would have made more sense. Anyway, that's not important. If you haven't seen the movie, it is a must watch for costume lovers. It's designed by the one and only, Colleen Atwood and it's beautifully breathtaking. The Japanese kimono is one of my favorite traditional cultural clothing and she did an amazing job. Take a look yourself:




Gong Li is absolutely stunning in this film. 











Michelle Yeoh always has a timeless elegance to her.




Anyway, has anyone else seen this film or read the book? I highly suggest to add this to your reading list. You won't regret it. Hope you guys have an awesome week!

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Awww, this is so beautiful, honey ^__^

    Many kisses,

    Nicole

    www.nicoleta.me

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images