Angelababy

jacket, dress, bag: hk, heels: forever 21 When I saw one of my favorite HK models on a magazine cover with this beautiful embroidered...

jacket, dress, bag: hk, heels: forever 21

When I saw one of my favorite HK models on a magazine cover with this beautiful embroidered dress, I thought, "Great, it's probably going to be really expensive and I'll never find anything like it." Surprisingly, they were selling a very similar dress at a small boutique for only $30. The original dress was long, but hit at an awkward length for me, so I decided to hem it right up the knee. I'm thinking of hemming it a bit shorter just because I think it's a bit more flattering. 

Ok, so instead of movies today, I'm going to be talking about my favorite model from Hong Kong, Angelababy. I know, her name's a bit weird, but she's a great model. She's only 5'7" and has gotten spreads in many magazines in Asia. She's originally from Shanghai, but moved to HK so she speaks Cantonese, Mandarin and Shanghai-nese fluently. 

Here she is with that dress I saw. 


This is from her photobook. Isn't her dress gorgeous? I want it!








She's so beautiful! A lot of these are from maybe 2 years ago and she's definitely grown as a model. She used to be labeled as a "leng mo" which basically means a casual model that doesn't really know how to model. She wasn't really taken seriously in the modeling world, but through persistence, she has graced the covers of Vogue and Bazaar magazine in Asia.

What do you guys think of this post? Do you want to see more costuming in film or just a variety of stuff?

Anyway, hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. For those of you who are working, happy Monday.

Love,

Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Love the short version of this dress, it's way more wearable for day time even tho the original long version is super pretty! I also love the denim jacket on the look, it added some edge on it. Btw, thanks for your loving comment on my blog, sorry it took me a while to come check by your blog cause I've been busy. Check out my new post if you like :)

    www.wear2day.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post...I like your pretty blog.*__*
    Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhh you know angelababy? :)
    I love her toooooo( many people copy her face by plastic surgery,scary !)
    It is amazing you can wear this run way dress into a daily look :)

    love,
    canria
    www.luxurydayoff.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the follow,dear.^^
    Follow you back on bloglovin and gfc,too.
    Do you also follow me on gfc?
    Lovely greets

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images