The Jacket

denim jacket: hk, clutch: club monaco, bracelets: forever 21 and mom, gold toned heels: dsw I love this jacket that my aunt bought...


denim jacket: hk, clutch: club monaco, bracelets: forever 21 and mom, gold toned heels: dsw

I love this jacket that my aunt bought me from Hong Kong. I think the boutique was running out of business and they were selling all their items for really cheap so they got this for me. However, I have to make some repairs because the chain detailing is falling off. I also took out the shoulder pads because I have really straight shoulders already and with shoulder pads, I kind of look like I have no neck. Haha. 

So instead of talking about movies today, I wanted to dedicate a post to one of my favorite designers: Balmain. I just love how much time the fashion house puts into each garment. It's amazing. 

I saw this currently on a website ready to buy and it costs of course over $2000. I don't necessarily think the material costs that much money, but the hand labor pretty much bumps up the price like crazy.

This is from the Spring/Summer 2010 collection. I love the studs and safety pins! I've been wanting to do something like this for awhile. Perhaps by Fall, I'll try to make one.


I think this jacket is from 2009. Beyonce and Rihanna both donned jackets from this collection. I think I would have liked it a little more without the crazy pointy shoulders. I don't want to look like a quarter back you know? Haha.


I'm not really sure when this is from, but it could be more recent. It might have been along the same lines as last year's 2012 Fall/Winter collection. It kind of has a Baroque-ish theme going on. 


I believe this is the same collection as the denim jacket. It's amazing! This jacket will definitely go with a simple white tee and jeans.


This is from Balmain's 2012 F/W collection. I can instantly recognize it because of the beautiful beaded detail. It reminded me of the Elizabethan era.  


What do you guys think? Have you heard of this designer? I didn't hear about him actually until that 2012 collection. That collection blew my mind away and immediately bumped him to my list of favorite designers (aside from Alexander Mcqueen and Jean Paul Gaultier).

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Oh that red jacket. It has been haunting me in my sleep, it's so unbelievably perfect. I believe it retailed for something around €10.000 at Net-a-porter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of him until now but I think it's going to be my new obsession! haha

    www.debrabros.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love studded jackets and I have to say that you are so fab!
    Never heard of her(I'm sorry for that) but I guess I have to search for her.
    ♡,
    Riza of Pour L'instant

    ReplyDelete
  4. Truthfully, I've never heard of the designer before :) I love all of the jackets, each one is so detailed, no wonder they cost so much! Haha I also love your jacket. Lovely outfit!

    -Megan
    http://mymyitsmegan.blogspot.com/
    (I'm a totally new blogger so if you have any tips for blogging I'd love to hear them :) Thank you!)

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images