Mystique

yellow tee: zara, black jeans: forever 21, scale necklace: forever 21, braided studded watch: loehmann's, claw bracelet/belt/bag: hk,...

yellow tee: zara, black jeans: forever 21, scale necklace: forever 21, braided studded watch: loehmann's, claw bracelet/belt/bag: hk, sunglasses: h&m

Zara is having a huge sale right now. Almost everything is on sale so make sure to check them out. I bought only 3 items because I just didn't really find anything that I really liked. Will feature those pieces later, probably not the jacket since it's so freaking hot in LA right now. Anyway, I started watching Season 2 of Game of Thrones so I'm very inspired to wear medieval jewelry. Haha. 

Sorry I haven't posted any film related stuff lately, but here's a short post on amazing makeup/costume design for X-Men's Mystique. X-Men First Class was designed by Sammy Sheldon and X2 was designed by Louise Migenbach. Gordon J. Smith was responsible for creating Mystique's makeup for Rebecca Romijn. 

Here's Jennifer Lawerence as Mystique in her blue scaly glory. Because Rebecca's makeup in X2 took so long to apply (8-9 hours), the costume team decided to make a suit for Jennifer Lawerence instead. It was such a pain for the actress because there were constant touch ups that needed to be made. Rebecca had to choose whether to lie down during her break, but get touched up for an hour or just sit there like a stone and not get touched up. I mean, it was a very difficult process. To speed things up, they created this skin tight costume that replicated that same makeup look that Rebecca had. What do you guys think? I don't think you can even tell it's a suit. 



Here's the 2 comparisons. While Jennifer's suit has a more matte finish, Rebecca's look like it has somewhat of a more glossy finish.


I sat through a 6 hour perm before and I vowed to never perm my hair ever again. Lol. I don't know what I would do if I had to be on set every day and sit for 8 hours to get makeup done. Haha. 

Love,
Maggie S. 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. gorgeous outfit, love your jeans. lovely blog as well, would you be interested in following each other on GFC and Bloglovin'? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to. & happy 4th.

    xoxo
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! I love the pics:)

    bloglovin.com/blog/3880191

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images