Hunger Games

Forever 21 beaded cardigan, Forever 21 ripped jeans, Nine West gladiator sandals  I really love this beaded epaulette cardigan - the ...

Forever 21 beaded cardigan, Forever 21 ripped jeans, Nine West gladiator sandals

 I really love this beaded epaulette cardigan - the color, the cut, the detail. However, because it's from Forever21, it is fuzzing. You can kind of see it in the right photo, but nonetheless, it's still my go-to cardigan for plain white tees.


Ok, I must confess that I have not seen The Hunger Games yet. I know! It's so bad because all the costume designers are constantly talking about the costumes. Eeep! Anyway, I thought I would do a little research for myself, but also, kind of recap for you guys too. I did see a lot of promotional stuff for the 2nd Hunger Games movie. The costumes for that look even more amazing!

Here are some of Jennifer Lawrence's costumes. (The costume designer was Judianna Makovsky.)
I liked how her costumes had a really timeless feel to them. It seems like her choices were kind of inspired by the 40s? 


Here's also a sketch of that famous flame dress that she wore. It's a lot more red in person. It's strange how red looks different on camera. You really have to work with the Cinematographer to get the right color.


FIDM in Los Angles does an exhibit of film costumes every year so this year they had Hunger Games. You can see Chris Hemsworth's costume from Snow White and the Huntsman on the left too. Haha. 


I heard Elizabeth Bank's character was cray cray and her costumes were outrageously awesome. I can't wait till I see the film!




Happy Sunday everyone!

Love,
Maggie S.









You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images