Fifth Element

hat: urban outfitters, cobalt blue shirt: marshalls, aztec shorts: forever 21, gladiators: nine west, green bag: marshalls Ok, I know...

hat: urban outfitters, cobalt blue shirt: marshalls, aztec shorts: forever 21, gladiators: nine west, green bag: marshalls

Ok, I know this outfit has no resemblance of any costume from Fifth Element, but I just thought the blue fedora and cobalt blue hat reminded me of that tall opera singing alien from the film. Haha. I know. I'm stretching it a bit here. Haha. Maybe I'll do a more closely resemblance later on. 

Anyway, Fifth Element is designed by one of my famous fashion designers of all time, Jean Paul Gaultier. He's probably right up there, next to Alexander Mcqueen. Both of which have very different styles. Anyway, Fifth Element is probably one of the top fashion forward films that any fashion devotee must watch. Who has seen it?


Here is a strip of the iconic costumes. That white bondage outfit has definitely appeared again on celebrities like Rihanna and Lady Gaga. (He's Lady Gaga's favorite fashion designer.) That Chris Tucker outfit is so outrageous! Haha. It's probably one of the most different costumes he has ever worn in any of his films. 


Here's sketches! I guess the bra was just too sexy so he toned it down with just a plain white tee. Which I think is more powerful to display her innocence better. 


Here's that leopard jumpsuit! He had a gallery at the De Young Museum in San Francisco. I missed it sadly. It looked so amazing!


Here are some more sketches from the film. I love them! Gaultier is so talented! I love his sketches!







 Did you guys like the costumes from this film? 

Love,
Maggie S.






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow by Email

Flickr Images