Legally Blonde

 I wanted to talk about Legally Blonde today. There's a bit of a mish-mosh from the musical and films 1 and 2. This is the sketch ...

 I wanted to talk about Legally Blonde today. There's a bit of a mish-mosh from the musical and films 1 and 2.

This is the sketch for Elle Woods in a sort of an updated 1930s look for the second film designed by Sophie Carbonell. I love the sketch. It's kind of crazy how a colored paper can really affect the mood of the overall look of the character. You see how she's wearing Jimmy Choos?

Heres the actual  costume from the movie. There's more detail on the actual hat here than in the sketch. Also, it seems like her dress's fabric isn't as smooth as the sketch. 

Here we have a version for the musical. See the difference?


Another outfit from the musical.


It is seriously pink galore.

Last, but not least. Here's a trip back to memory lane with the original first movie. 


I really liked the film. It was such a fun twist on the whole legal institution. Did any of you like it?

Love,
Maggie S.

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. CUTE skirt! I love it :) Legally Blonde is one amazing movie!!! :) I am not a HUGE fan of pink but Reese totally rocked it and made it fun.
    I haven't seen the musical yet though.

    Hey by the way, I posted a link to your blog in a post I have on my blog. I hope that is okay!

    http://aforcethatcanshaketheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love legally blonde and I <3 Reese Witherspoon too! ;)
    Your outfit was stunning, love the comfy look and the color of your skirt.

    Tina,
    http://fashionandchocolat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that movie! I usually hate movies where there are dumb blondes but I love this movie!

    the { cassiepaige }

    ReplyDelete
  4. The movie was a little silly in my opinion...I had no idea there was a musical too! I really like your skort, I wouldn't know it's not a skirt if you wouldn't have mentioned it.

    Xx
    Bullchic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I can see what you mean with that though.

      Ya, the skort is amazing! What was even better was that it was on sale!

      Delete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images