50 First Dates

silk tropical dress: crossroads trading [s-twelve], nude heels: bakers, twill blazer: h&m, accessories: hk and forever21 I was at...

silk tropical dress: crossroads trading [s-twelve], nude heels: bakers, twill blazer: h&m, accessories: hk and forever21

I was at Crossroads the other day and actually took 8 items to the dressing room and only decided to purchase this dress. It was half off so I only bought it for $6.25! Did I mention it's 100% silk? I love the cobalt blue color and the bird of paradise flower print. It gives it a really good contrast since blue and orange are complimentary colors. 

Anyway, the tropical print just reminded me of one of my all time favorite romantic comedies 50 First Dates that was filmed in Hawaii. Adam Sandler's love for Drew Barrymore was just so sweet and romantic. I mean, who wouldn't want a guy that would dedicate his entire life into making you happy even if it meant you couldn't remember him. But even then, he would chase after you and make you fall in love with him every single day. 

Anyway, here are some of Drew's outfits from the film. I just realized that Ellen Lutter, the costume designer did most of Adam Sandler's film. It seems like Adam's very loyal to his crew, which is awesome! 


Drew Barrymore's first outfit.



Although you can't see her entire outfit, this was probably my favorite one. That Hawaiian flower in the hair is definitely iconic. 


A chinese inspired top. 


Anyway, sorry for not being able to post as often as before. I've been hired as a sketch artist for a new Broadway musical so things have been super busy! It'll probably be like this for another 2 weeks. After I'm done, I'll try to do another giveaway.

Love,
Maggie S. 









You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. Wow LOVE that dress! It's so pretty :)
    I really like the colors and it's so cool that you got it for such a great price. LOOVE good deals.

    That might be one of my top Drew movies :) I liked how they dressed her as well and her hairs gorgeous!!!

    http://aforcethatcanshaketheworld.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning dress! Love the colors. I loved that movie although it was also kinda sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Inbal!
      Yeaaa, towards the end, but it was a happy ending!

      Delete
  3. this dress is stunning!


    www.chaiscloset.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images