Snow White and the Huntsman

DIY denim jacket, B44 Dressed white dress, statement necklace from Melrose Flea Market, Bakers heels Snow White has always been s...


DIY denim jacket, B44 Dressed white dress, statement necklace from Melrose Flea Market, Bakers heels

Snow White has always been such a classic fairy tale that is loved by all from a very young age. Disney's version has always been my personal favorite. However, recently, the media industry has been reinventing fairy tales and giving new life to the characters. Snow White is no longer this damsel in distress, but she's been portrayed as some sort of warrior. For example, Snow in Once Upon a Time is practically a thief and knows how to fight for justice. In Mirror, Mirror, she is always this feisty little girl. Finally, in Snow White and the Huntsman, she's the one that saves the kingdom, not some prince. So I guess this is my modern interpretation of the classic fairy tale. Snow White is known for her pure heart. This is the leather dress that I bought from the Blogger Bazaar from Aimee Song. The leather is super soft. The front is made of leather and the back is made of cotton. For that warrior princess look, I paired this dress with a statement necklace I got from the Melrose Flea Market this past Sunday. I am absolutely in love with it.

Speaking of Snow White and the Huntsman, Colleen Atwood is one of my favorite costume designers because of her originality and versatility. Here's some of her sketches from the film. 
 

This dress was amazing! Look at the boning on the sleeves!


 

This is probably my favorite costume that Charlize wore. It's so badass! I would totally wear this out even if people give me funny looks. The sleeves totally look like scales. I just LOVE this costume so much. 


Anyway, hope you guys have a good rest of the day! 

Love,
Maggie 

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Cute outfit, simple and chic!
    And those costumes from Snow White and the Huntsman are awesome!

    xx Bo
    http://aboutboblog.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute

    http://mkstyleramblings.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous costumes and lovely styling <3 and merci beaucoup for commenting ;) http://maxcebycecilej.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  4. COOL!!!
    http://ladybirdcastle.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images