Les Liaisons Dangereuses

Has anyone read the play "Les Liasions Dangereuses?" It's quite a scandalous piece. However, it's set in my favor...




Has anyone read the play "Les Liasions Dangereuses?" It's quite a scandalous piece. However, it's set in my favorite time period, the 1700s (1782 to be exact). I just love the beautiful fabric and embroidery that the upper class wore. Clothes took so much more time to make because of all the intricate details. The costume designer, James Acheson for the 1988 film with Glenn Close and John Malkovich did a marvelous job. He did his research extensively and was reflected in the film.

I did some renderings for the theatrical version and here are two of them:


I went to have brunch with a friend at the Larchmont Bungalow today. The latte was really good and so was the red velvet cake. I love pastries and cake, but I find that most bakeries make their cakes too sweet.


Here are some pictures from the Melrose Flea Market that I took yesterday. Everything was kind of overpriced, but I did score 2 amazing necklaces. I will post them later or in an outfit. 


With Love,

Maggie Chan

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi! I came across your blog on Lookbook :) I'm loving how you link your source of inspiration to all of these movies and plays. It's very refreshing!

    Mai,
    www.socapricious.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your skirt! :*

    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Follow by Email

Flickr Images